Step Into Leadership — Today
Step into your capacity for leadership and transform yourself into a trusted resource among your patients, your peers and your supervisors. The online Master of Science in Nursing programs from Saint Xavier University advances your management, business and clinical skills for an immediate impact in your workplace.
The online MSN offers three tracks for taking charge of the design and delivery of superior patient care:
- Clinical Leadership: Learn to become a clinical leader at the point of care with a focus on care coordination, risk assessment, quality improvement, outcome evaluation, communication and leadership, and the implementation of evidence-based practice.
Coursework prepares you for the Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) exam. (SXU also offers this track as a stand-alone certificate for nurses who already have an MSN.)
- Executive Leadership (Nursing Administration): Develop the strategic perspective and critical thinking skills to lead the continuous improvement of processes and patient care in a nursing unit or department. Coursework prepares you for the Nurse Executive, Board Certification (NE-BC) and Nurse Executive, Advanced Certification exams (NEA-BC).
- Nurse Educator: Develop teaching techniques and learn how to adapt them to different settings—such as public health classes, hospitals, and schools of nursing. Coursework prepares you for the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) exam. (SXU also offers this track as a stand-alone certificate for nurses who already have an MSN.)
These nationally recognized, CCNE-accredited online MSN programs help you take charge of integrating the most up-to-date evidence-based practices with new technologies and effective communication strategies into patient care. You will emerge as a leader in your department or unit who is empowered to positively impact patient care and processes.
The learning outcomes of each track are applicable to a variety of clinical settings, making St. Xavier’s online Master of Science in Nursing programs a flexible education experience you can call on throughout your career.
"Many of the professors were also working on further degree work themselves and actively engaged in roles within nursing, research, and leadership. This enabled them to understand the roles we all were juggling during degree work and gave them a more comprehensive view of nursing’s opportunities and challenges beyond the academic realm."
– Danielle Piper, '19, MSN Clinical Nurse Leader
Top Ranked. High ROI. High Value.
Choose a highest-quality nursing education that is affordable, accessible and immediately applicable. Saint Xavier University as well as the School of Nursing and Health Sciences Division and its programs are consistently recognized for their educational quality.
- The master's and baccalaureate degree programs in nursing at Saint Xavier University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation)
- U.S. News & World Report ranks the program No. 3 Best Online Master’s in Nursing (2019).
- In 2018, the National League for Nursing (NLN) designated the School of Nursing and Health Sciences Division as a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for the fourth time. The School is one of only 40 schools in the U.S. to receive this distinction.
- Prepare for certification exams as you study.
Select organizations are eligible for tuition assistance. Speak with a graduate admissions counselor for more information.
Alumni Loyalty Scholarship
Individuals who received their undergraduate degree from Saint Xavier University can now* receive a scholarship upon admission to a graduate degree program at the university. Please speak with an admissions advisor for more information.
Be a Recognized Leader Today
Learn more about your path to nursing leadership with the online MSN degree programs at SXU. Call us at (866) 319-8966 to speak with a Program Manager, or fill out our Information Request Form today.
*The Alumni Loyalty scholarship applies to students enrolled in a graduate program beginning in the summer 2019 semester.