Saint Xavier University (SXU) today announced the appointment of Maggie Reneau, PhD, RN, as the new director of the school’s online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program. Reneau has been part of the Saint Xavier faculty since 2012 as an assistant professor.
Experience and Credentials
Reneau brings a wealth of experience to the position. A registered nurse since 1982, she earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Illinois and her MSN from Drexel University. Reneau’s PhD in Education was earned at Capella University.
After several years working in health care management for notable companies, including Baxter, Bristol Myers Squibb, Merck and Roche, Reneau left the corporate world to teach nurses. Subject taught including:
- Leadership and Management in Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Nursing Research
- Advanced Nursing Theory
- Community Health Nursing
Reneau is currently a member of the Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing, the Transcultural Society of Nursing and the National League for Nursing. Her publications include:
- Reneau, M. (2013). Teaching nurses sight unseen: Comparing the cultural competency among online and on-campus BSN degree nursing faculty. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 24(1), 78-85
- Reneau, M. (2011). Everything I always wanted to know to complete my dissertation, but was afraid to ask [web blog post].
- Reneau, M. (2006). Is managed care education adequate for new nurses? Managed Care Interface, 19(11) 64-67
- LeMone, P., Burke. K., & Bauldoff, G. (2011). Medical-Surgical nursing: Critical thinking in patient care (fifth ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. 2010 (Contributing Editor)
The Online MSN at Saint Xavier University
SXU’s online MSN program is steeped in the University’s core values of Learning for Life, Excellence and Compassion. The online MSN program meets the growing demand of nurses seeking advanced credentials to be prepared for the constantly evolving health care industry.
The online MSN program at SXU was named the #6 Best Online MSN Program in the United States for 2011-2012 by The Best Colleges. Tracks include:
- Administration Leadership
Students develop the management and leadership skills to be a leader of change within your department or unit.
- Clinical Leadership
Students work closely with patients while taking the initiative to improve patient care and outcomes.
The online MSN is ideal for RNs who want to earn advanced credentials while continuing to work. Classes are available online anytime, 24/7.
For more information about SXU’s online MSN program, click here or call 866-319-8966 to speak with a Program Manager.
About Saint Xavier University:
Founded in 1846 by the Sisters of Mercy, Saint Xavier University (SXU) is a private, Catholic, comprehensive university grounded in the tradition of the liberal arts. Chicago's oldest Catholic University now adds its online, global Saint Xavier campus to the existing campuses in Chicago and Orland Park. As one of 16 colleges and universities sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Saint Xavier University educates approximately 5,100 students each year.
- Regional accreditation (the highest level of accreditation for institutions of higher education) from the Higher Learning Commission, which is recognized by the US Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- The School of Nursing’s MSN program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the accrediting body of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
- The School of Education holds accreditation from the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).