As Chicago’s first Catholic University, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1846, Saint Xavier University (SXU) strives to provide students with an inclusive and rigorous academic experience — one rooted in ethics and designed to cultivate continued personal and professional excellence. Driven by its eight core values, Saint Xavier University provides students with the knowledge needed to inspire change within their communities, as well as abroad. We not only embrace the diversity of our students, faculty and staff — we celebrate it. It is through diversity that our students are able to expand their perspective beyond traditional texts — learning from their fellow classmates and peers.
U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges has ranked Saint Xavier among the top 60 comprehensive universities in the Midwest for 2017.
A Community of Engaged Learners
Saint Xavier University believes that engaged learning leads to exceptional outcomes. Our programs place a strong emphasis on critical thinking and the importance of effective communication. This enhances student development and in turns cultivates graduates that emerge as confident, contributing citizen leaders of an ever-increasingly complex and global community. Students in the online programs play an active role in the SXU community and learn from the same distinguished professors that lead courses for on-campus programs.
The Top 5 Reasons Why SXU is Right for You
- A Catholic College of Distinction: As an institution that engages students, offers great teaching, and foster successful outcomes — SXU made the 2015-16 “Catholic Colleges of Distinction” list.
- Great Return on Investment: Affordable Colleges ranked SXU one of the top 40 Most Affordable Online Colleges in Illinois.
- No. 1 Online Nursing Program: U.S. News & World Report ranks SXU No. 1 for its “2018 Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs” list. This is the second year in a row to be awarded this distinction.
- Strength Through Diversity: SXU was ranked the fifth most diverse school in the Midwest and the seventh most economically diverse school in the Midwest.
- National and Regional Accreditation: Both the School of Nursing and Health Sciences Division and the School of Management hold prestigious accreditations.
Want to Learn More About SXU?
To receive more information on Saint Xavier University and its online degree programs, or to speak with a program manager, simply complete the form on the request information page or call toll-free at 866-319-8966.