Discover the tradition, community and highly ranked educational programs that make Saint Xavier University (SXU) one of the top universities in the Midwest.
Chicago’s oldest Catholic University, Saint Xavier was founded in 1846 by the Sisters of Mercy. SXU’s comprehensive course offerings and excellence in education prepare students for professional success, and lays the foundation for personal fulfillment. SXU is nationally recognized – it is consistently ranked as a top Midwest Regional University by U.S. News & World Report.
SXU is the second-largest producer of working, master’s-level teachers in the state of Illinois. It is also one of the five largest schools of nursing in the state and has been designated a Center of Excellence in Nurse Education by the National League for Nursing.
SXU’s online master’s degree programs reflect the university’s core values, including:
- To explore and respect different viewpoints
- To work for the betterment of the community
- To engage students in the pursuit of lifelong learning
As one of 16 colleges and universities sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Saint Xavier University educates approximately 5,100 students each year.
Saint Xavier University has been awarded Regional Accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). Additional accreditations include:
- Saint Xavier's Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Discover how SXU can help you achieve your goals. Call 866-319-8966 or request more information today.